Monday, October 3, 2011

Halloween is almost here!!


I love Halloween. It really is my favorite holiday. Nevermind the silly "oh its pagan" and "oh you sinner" I love it for other reasons. It's the time to relive childhood and be as silly as you want.

1. As an adult during other parts of the year if you walk around during the day dressed in a costume people might have you committed. During Halloween its perfectly acceptable to dress as a zombie pirate or a fairy princess. I have been known to wear up to 3 costumes in one day. Last year I was a pirate, and a Redshirt (Star Trek) and I think I did the Mad Scientist thing too. See below
*Thankfully my husband is equally as nutty as I am!

2. I don't have to worry about family wanting us to come over. It is a whole day for Brian and I to be goofy on our own sans judgement.

Yeah, we do this a lot!

3. I don't have to buy a dang thing for anyone! (well sometimes candy but we usually end up eating it all). No gifts to wrap, credit cards to max out.. well unless I decide to wear more than one costume!

4. Crafts!!!! Oh tis the season for crazy crafts.. I get to make my own costume and Brian's, carve pumpkins, make owl cookies and decorate with silly fun and sometimes creepy stuff.
Note: this is the only time of year where fake spiders are acceptable. No other time... ever..

Yes, I did glue fake spiders to my face!

So this month I plan to feature fun crafts and an anthology of some of my best costumes! Stay tuned! Oh and feel free to send me links of all your wacky costume ideas, crafts and pumpkin carving ideas!

Cheers!
VEB

No comments:

Post a Comment